CELA members are eligible for a FREE Bookshare membership!
How to sign up for a free Bookshare membership:
- Complete the Bookshare online sign up form (opens in a new window)
- Complete the Bookshare proof of disability form. You will receive a personalized form after completing the sign up form.
CNIB clients: If you receive services from CNIB and have a valid CNIB ID card you can scan and submit a copy of your card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELA will confirm with Bookshare that you are eligible for a free Bookshare membership.
Benefits of Bookshare
Bookshare gives you access to over 200,000 titles for free! Find New York Times bestsellers, novels, children's books, mysteries, science fiction, nonfiction, foreign-language books, and more. With Bookshare you can:
- Read and listen to words read aloud
- Increase font size and read with large print
- Read on computers, tablets, smartphones, braille displays, and many other technologies
- Get free reading software
Bookshare lets you download books in DAISY Text, DAISY Audio (synthetic voice), MP3 (synthetic voice), or Braille Ready Format. Note that Bookshare is an online-only service - you cannot order books on CD.